The best way to make your vinyl fence more durable in Mahopac NY is giving it proper maintenance every now and then. Keeping your vinyl fence clean is simple and really helpful when it comes to keeping your fence in good shape.
These 5 steps are all you need to clean your vinyl fence in New York and keep it in tip top shape:
- Spray down your vinyl fence with a regular water hose and wash off any residue or dirt sitting on your fence.
- Soap up the vinyl fence with a bucket full of soapy water and a soft scrub brush to clean up all the dirt and stains that are still lingering in your fence.
- Rinse your vinyl fence. Get rid of the soap residue by rinsing your fence with clean water and let it air dry.
- Use a vinyl fence cleaning solution. Although the previous 3 steps usually suffice in cleaning your fence, a vinyl cleaning solution always goes a long way if your fence has stains. Apply the cleaning solution to the areas of your fence in need of extra attention and wipe it with a cloth rag.
- Rinse your vinyl fence one last time. Once you’re done with the cleaning solution, grab your water hose again and spray your fence. Finally, let air dry your vinyl fence.
Extra Tips for Protecting your Vinyl Fence in NY
Here are a few extra do’s and don’ts to care for your vinyl fence in the Mahopac area:
- Never place a heat source close to your vinyl fence. This can cause the plastic to melt when exposed to high heat for too long and create discoloration or warping.
- Don’t paint your vinyl fence. Vinyl fences are made to hold their color all the way through the material and paints are not made to stick to the vinyl.
- Protect your warranty, by not screwing any attachments or embellishments to your vinyl fence. If you’d like to hang anything, be sure you aren’t puncturing the fence.
- Keep your vinyl fence in good shape – never hang heavy ornaments or plants on it. Your vinyl fence will be strong, but it is not necessarily made to hold up extra materials, unless it was specifically installed to do so.
The Mahopac Fence Pros Are Here to Help!
If you wish to install or repair a fence, please contact Campanella Fence Our friendly staff is here to help. Call us today (845) 628-2200 or contact us online and enjoy unparalleled customer service.