When you’re looking for an easy, satisfying way to create privacy at your Mahopac, NY home, installing a privacy fence is your best bet! Let’s explore some of the reasons why this option may be right for you.
Suburban Living and Privacy Fences in Mahopac, NY
One of the greatest perks of getting away from the city and moving to the suburbs of Mahopac, NY is the privacy. But even in the outskirts, away from the hustle and bustle of your neighboring urban center, there still remains the potential for a breach of privacy. Particularly at night, it’s all too easy for passers-by to peer into your kitchen while you’re eating dinner with your family. So it’s a totally reasonable decision to want to figure out a way to ensure that that privacy you’ve been hunting for is attained.
The question, then, is what is the most stylish, least aggressive way to create some separation without making too much of a fuss with your New York neighbors?
You have two main options in the Mahopac, NY area. There’s the privacy fence, and then there are the privacy hedges. The truth is most people who choose hedges over fences end up regretting it and we’re here to tell you why. So to make the decision easier, here’s our pro/con analysis for choosing a fence over hedges.
Pros For Privacy Fences in Mahopac
- Fences can be low maintenance. For many fence types, once you build them, you won’t have to touch them for a decade plus. If you have a wood fence and you want to hold on to that brand-new white tint you had when you first installed it, you’ll have to paint it every year or so. But that still doesn’t compare to the amount of weekly pruning and trimming you’ll have to devote to your hedges.
- Fences are installed quickly: When done professionally in the Mahopac area, fence installation should take no more than a matter of a day or two at the most, even if it’s for a particularly large yard. Hedges may be planted in a day, but take months to grow and care for, making sure they get all the water and sun they need to continue to provide the privacy you’re looking for.
- Fences take up less space: You can give your Mahopac NY yard a tighter, smoother look that’s more consistent with its appearance by installing a fence. Hedges will take up a wider area of your yard. On top of that, as soon as you get lazy and forget to prune them, they’ll grow out and start taking up even more space, possibly reaching out beyond your property lines and angering your neighbors.
Cons to Privacy Fences
- Cost of a Privacy Fence in NY: This one depends on what fence material you choose and the size of the job at your Mahopac NY property. It’s true that if you choose to install a vinyl fence for an acre of land, you might end up paying a pretty penny. However, vinyl fences are made from an incredibly durable and attractive material requiring some of the least maintenance. So in the interest of investing, a vinyl fence still might be the better choice, provided that you’re willing to budget for the initial cost.
- Red tape with fence installation: There’s the possibility that you’ll have to acquire a permit before you build a fence in the Mahopac area. This simply requires that you do a bit of additional research before ordering the installation and getting the necessary approval. It’s a bit of an inconvenience but typically ends up being relatively painless, and the fence experts at Campanella Fence are here to help make this a smooth process for you.
Mahopac’s Top-Rated Fence Company
Ready to get this show on the road? Campanella Fence Company is your most reliable fence company in the area. Give us a call today at (845) 628-2200 or contact us online and we’ll get started right away on the fence of your choosing.